Calling all prospective beekeepers and bee-lovers. Our 2018 Beginner’s Beekeeping Course is almost here!
Starting February 17th, join us for an in-depth course to get you started on your beekeeping journey. Our course consists of 5 2-hour classes covering everything you need to know to start and successfully manage a hive, or two, not to mention produce some of your very own hyper-local honey. Check out the schedule below…
- All About Bees (2/17 – 3-5pm) – Basic bee biology, life cycles and behaviors of individuals and the hive as a whole.
- Setting Up Your Hive (3/3 – 10am-noon) – Find out about necessary equipment and accessories needed, as well as peripheral equipment for the honey harvest.
- Inspecting Your Hive (3/17 – 10am-noon) – Inspecting your hive and the signs to look for to identify pests & diseases, and diagnose problems your hive might face.
- The Bee Season (3/31 – 3-5pm) – Learn about the necessary steps to take, over the course of a season, in maintaining your hive.
- Time In The Bee Yard (4/28 – 10am-noon) – Students will meet at one of our bee yards in Queens to see the bees close up and perform necessary inspections.
This is a $200 course, but we are offering it for only $150. It’s an excellent Valentine’s Day gift for that special someone who is interested in an exciting new hobby.